Shoot It

My creative process I find is simply a process. I have a hard time working from a plan. I can do it, definitely. However, I feel if you're working specifically from a plan, your mind is too closed off to the possibilities. When I work, I just do it. Whatever happens, happens. It's pretty simple, really. I start a project with an idea in mind, but it changes and adapts as time goes on. I'm not rigid in my working style and I think it works out well for me. If I overly plan things, I find that I'm either disappointed that it didn't go the way I wanted, or I'm happy it didn't go the way I wanted. While working on something artistic, it doesn't matter if there are people around me or loud noises or anything like that. I'll just work right through it. It's mostly because I get into the process and I'm concentrating, so not much can affect that. I can talk and multitask and still get my work done the way I want it to. Of course there are those times that I end up not liking how it turns out and I'll just power through it and redo it or accept it as a learning experience. 

Categories:

Leave a Reply